This post is also available in: Español
Today I want to tell you about the amazing performance of Luis Fonsi singing the national anthem at the NFC championship game between the Detroit Lions and the San Francisco 49ers.
Luis Fonsi, the Puerto Rican singer-songwriter who captivated us with his global hit “Despacito“, was in charge of singing the national anthem of the United States before the game that would define the representative of the national conference in the Super Bowl LVIII. Fonsi, who wore a 49ers jersey with his name on the back, sang “The Star-Spangled Banner” with passion and emotion, earning a loud applause from the crowd at Levi’s Stadium. His interpretation was so impressive that it went viral on social media.
Reactions to Luis Fonsi ‘s National Anthem Rendition
But don’t take my word for it. Check out some of the reactions by celebrities who were impressed by Fonsi’s rendition of the national anthem:
– “Wow, Luis Fonsi just killed it! What a voice, what a talent, what a patriot!” – Jennifer Lopez, singer and actress
– “Luis Fonsi is a legend. He sang the national anthem with so much soul and grace. I’m proud to call him my friend and colleague.” – Ricky Martin, singer and actor
– “That was one of the best national anthem performances I’ve ever seen. Luis Fonsi is a master of his craft. He made me feel proud to be an American and a Latino.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda, composer and actor
– “Luis Fonsi is a star. He delivered a flawless and powerful national anthem that moved me to tears. He’s an inspiration to all of us who love music and our country.” – Alicia Keys, singer and songwriter
– “Luis Fonsi is amazing. He sang the national anthem with such beauty and skill. He’s a true artist and a gentleman.” – John Legend, singer and songwriter
Here’s is his interpretation of the national anthem:
More on Luis Fonsi
Fonsi is no stranger to major sporting events. In 2018, he sang at the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in South Korea, and in 2019, he participated in the pre-Super Bowl LIII concert in Atlanta. He has also collaborated with sports stars such as David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo in charitable campaigns.
Fonsi is one of the most successful and recognized Latin artists in the world. He has won five Billboard awards, two American Music Awards, a Latin Grammy award, and a Guinness record for “Despacito“. He just released a single called “Pasa La Página” which means “turn the page” or “move on”. It’s part of his upcoming album “The Journey” which will have songs inspired by different cities and countries.